Under the Direction of the
Vita and District Resource Council
The Council’s mandate is to provide services that can help seniors maintain their independence and continue to live safely, in their own homes, as long as possible.
For information on any of the following, call Carol 204-425-3701
Congregate Meal Program
Delicious, nutritious meals are served in the dining room of Shady Oak Lodge Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Call Linda anytime (you can leave a message!) at 204-425-3206 to find out what is on the menu and to book a meal before 10am the day you want the meal. Meals on Wheels is also provided, on request.
Seniors Activity Program
A once a week activity program, every Thursday. The handi-van will pick up the client for a fun filled active day with others. Numbers are limited, so a waiting list exits for those who want to become involved.
Resource Office for Seniors
Located at Shady Oak Lodge, but services are for any senior in the RM of Stuartburn and a bit beyond.
A fee charged for the following services:
Appointments are made for you and are $30.00 a session.
Housecleaning and Laundry
$15.00 per hour for regular work, $18.00 for heavy cleaning.
Snow Removal, Handyman Chores, Grass Cutting
Fee charged according to job size.
24 hour monitoring system. Prices vary on choice of system.
Free of Charge by a Volunteer:
- Friendly visits
- Safety checks/phone a friend
Free of Charge by Resource Coordinator:
- Assistance with any form filling.
- Translating mail into understandable terms.
- Making calls to Government Offices.
- Help with filling out grant applications for homeowners for mobility ramps or home maintenance.
- Income Tax Service
- Mobility Equipment Loans-wheelchairs, walkers, etc.
- Support Groups and Presentations.
- Handi-van trips for appointments, shopping and socializing.
- Information Service- answering questions about resources and programs.
- ERIK - Supplies and helps to fill out the Emergency Response Information Kit.